*Includes 3x11: Our Town Spoilers
I re-watched episode 3x11 of The Vampire Diaries this afternoon, and some more things sprung up.
- I'm left wondering if Klaus had Tyler attack Caroline knowing Tyler would refuse so that Klaus would swoop in and save the day in order to win over Caroline and her mother. Caroline says, "You've come here to kill me?" and he responds, "On your birthday?" with such sincerity. She holds up a front at first, but is easily convinced she wants to live. She didn't seem too upset that it was his fault Tyler bit her in the first place.
- Caroline got sick really fast. Much faster than Rose and Damon.
- Stefan picked up a knife that was randomly sitting out on a table where there was no food and nobody seemed to be eating at this particular party. Don't they usually keep that stuff in the kitchen anyhow?
Which led to a discussion I had with my boyfriend.
D: That's a writer's lazy way of providing an easy weapon to a character. Could you think of a more creative way?
Me: He could have broken a chair or something.
D: That's even lazier. How many actual pieces of broken furniture have you seen that actually looked like stakes?
Me: Well, at least he would be improvising.
D: What a lazy villain/hero! If he was on a mission to do some damage, how about bypassing the need to find a weapon and actually bring your own. That's why Blade is so much better than those shows. They actually had their own weapons. I say so much could be resolved with a gun.
My boyfriend says this about many things. He found Harry Potter to be dreadfully boring because he said they could have ended it in the first movie by shooting Quirrell in the head. Skip the guns and buy a glock.
- Damon said, "In order to beat the villain you have to be smarter." If one sees Stefan as the villain, then Damon really didn't follow his own advice. Practically gave Stefan his whole idea of killing Elena.
- Stefan still cares about Elena... he would have just straight out killed her if it came to that. Instead he's going to bring her back as a vampire? Even if she didn't die in the car crash, he could just easily break her neck.
- Funny that Matt feels sorry for them... peripheral character.
- Oh and yes, it's pressing that Caroline was bit by a werepire, but couldn't Matt also mention that Elena was kidnapped and he was thrown into a wall, considering he brought her to the sheriff's house. Is she the only police officer in Mystic Falls? Or is it like, "Oh a vampire kidnapped her... nothing we can do about that."
- And then Matt and Elena have their touching moment on the bridge, and I'm thinking: shouldn't Matt be like, "Hey, you were kidnapped by crazy Stefan. You okay?" Instead he's all like, "It's okay to not be who you were when we dated and stuff." 'da hell?
- Matt has no eyebrows!
- Caroline's dad will lay the smackdown on Tyler in the next episode, which is weird to me. I know he loves his daughter and wants to "fix" her, but it just seems weird that he would go after Tyler for attacking her when her father tortured his daughter and then when she saved him, he was all "Yeah, but you're never going to be fixed of your vampirism".